Version 3 . Created 22 September 2012,UID 1209221402
1. This policy forms part of the Service Provision and/or Use of Service Agreement (SPUSA) and should be read within the context of, as part of, integral to and influenced by this agreement.
2. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify or remove portions of this policy at any time.
Personal Information and Its Use
3. Personal information about visitors to our site and users of our services is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted,
e.g. when providing you with services, or answering/ forwarding requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your
personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable laws in Australia.
4. Personal information that you submit to our website or enterprise is used only for the purpose for which it is submitted or for such
other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose, unless we disclose other uses in this policy or at the time of
collection. Copies of correspondence sent from the web site are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
Disclosure of Information To Others and Your Access To Your Own Information
1. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
2. We may engage third parties to provide goods or services on your or our behalf to deliver or enhance on service provision. In such a circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
3. You may request access to your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
Security of Your Personal Information
1. We will in good faith make all reasonable provisions to secure any information we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date.
2. Our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
3. We endeavour to protect the security, integrity and privacy of personal information as such, we review and update our security measures in response to current technologies and current threats as we determine appropriately or necessary. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure however, so please ensure you take care to ensure you are careful in providing such information.
4. We will never ask you to reply to an email using personal information or passwords to identify yourself.
5. While we take all due care, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information and you indemnify us, our employees, agents and associates from liability for consequences resulting from such events.
Cookies and Links to Third Party Sites.
1. Cookies are placed onto an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies are used by most websites, including ours, to enhance your use of the website’s services. If you do not want information collected this way, you can allow or deny Cookies individually or en-masse in most browsers. Please be aware though that Cookies may need to be enable to access or benefit from some features on our website(s).
1. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. You can also secure more information on this topic from the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site. http://www.privacy.gov.au/